Ed and Lorrain Warren

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...

Moderator: Phara

DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Let's talk about these amazing people. Ed and Lorrain Warren are the founders of The New England Society For Psychic Research. I think if there is any definitive evidence proving the existence of the paranormal it has to be buried in their work.

Here's a little bio I pulled from their site:

For over fifty years now, Ed and Lorraine Warren have been considered America's preeminent experts on the subject of spirits and demonology. Even more important perhaps, is the fact that they have also been the very same people for the past fifty years whom religious authorities have repeatedly called in to control some of the most profane outbreaks of diabolical phenomena in the country. Cases where priests become possessed. Cases where people are physically attacked. Cases where unworldly entities manifest and then preside. Cases where time is violated and the physical environment is completely rearranged. Cases where spirits don't just haunt a house, they visibly tear it apart.

Ed and Lorraine Warren have dedicated their lives to this work, and they share the wisdom they have gained during their extraordinary career in this field. The work they perform is remarkable. And you can be certain, after all this time, they know things that are completely astounding. The cases they divulge will shock you; yet it is the significance of what they say that will actually floor you. Moreover, the Warrens don't mince words. They know what they're talking about. They have seen it. They have done it. The Warrens reveal both the methods and the motives behind spirit activity; indeed they reveal what really breaks the peace in haunted houses, and precisely what it means to you. Both now and forever.

Ed Warren is a demonologist. Lorraine Warren is a trance medium. But you'd never know it if you met them on the street. They are not occultists. They are not strange. They are essentially ordinary people who happen to do highly extraordinary work. And though the Warrens have no ax to grind, their orientation is distinctly religious. For in reality, that is the only way it is possible to function in this work. Because that which they confront are not vaporous, indistinct phantoms that simply come and go in the night. The forces they confront are religious entities that - by their own admission - exist for the sheer purpose of opposing the works of God.

Diabolical forces are formidable. These forces are eternal., and they exist today. In a world that scoffs at ghosts and laughs at the unusual, the Warrens deliver a contrary message. That message is this: The fairy tale is true. The devil exists. God exists. And for us, as people, our very destiny hinges upon which one we elect to follow

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:36 pm

omg I LOVE THE WARRENS!!!

//more to come

(im so giddy you made this thread i gotta just sit and bask for a sec lol)
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:
(im so giddy you made this thread i gotta just sit and bask for a sec lol)

just thought this needed to be here lol

Apparently the only way you can see their famous museum is to pay for a virtual tour. I think that's good in a way. I'm not sure I'd be ready to handle the dark energies emanating from within.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:35 pm

i had thought of them when i was creating this forum but i also didn't want to take up *all* the good topics, ya know?

here is a great list of some of their most famous cases: http://hellhorror.com/top-10/most-famous-lorraine-warren-cases.html

Among the first to investigate The Amityville Hauntings were Edward "Ed" Warren Miney (September 7, 1926 – August 23, 2006) and Lorraine Rita Warren, (born January 31, 1927). Lorraine is still in contact with Daniel (Danny) Lutz from The Amityville Horror. Ed Warren served in the World War II US Navy and as a police officer before becoming a famous demonologist, author, and lecturer. Ed's wife Lorraine Warren is a clairvoyant and a light trance medium. She used this skill as an invaluable tool in their investigations.

In the Warrens residence is The Warren's Occult Museum which houses evil artifacts. These artifacts were either cursed or haunted and deemed too dangerous to be left out in public hands. Lorraine Warren has scheduled regular blessings for her protection. There is a huge collection of such items recovered from over 10,000 investigations during their lifetime career.

The Warrens trained many current paranormal investigating demonologists including Dave Considine, Lou Gentile, and their nephew John Zaffis. Ed Warren passed away in 2006 but Lorraine continues his legacy by assisting other paranormal investigators in hopes of freeing more people from demonic entities and malevolent evil spirits.

Ed and Lorraine Warren have been noted in many haunting investigations and demon horror films including the recent 2013 horror movie The Conjuring.

Return to “The Unexplained”