What made you smile?

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.
ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sat May 07, 2016 7:53 am

PhlawlessPhelon wrote:
Sounds like a good day!

Rivoc wrote:

That sounds like the making of an incredible day!

Oh it was even when I busted my ass because the grass was wet and almost slide into the street
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Sat May 07, 2016 8:31 am

When I went to buy groceries today with a friend, and he randomly paid for $70 of it. Nothing better than free food.
Peace to all.
-Raven
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 07, 2016 6:25 pm

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:
PhlawlessPhelon wrote:
Sounds like a good day!

Rivoc wrote:

That sounds like the making of an incredible day!

Oh it was even when I busted my ass because the grass was wet and almost slide into the street

HAHA it's cool you keep a sense of humor in those situations. I usually laugh really hard uncontrollably when slight misfortune hits. Like, if one of my roommates stub a toe, drop a plate and shatter it when their dinner was on it, I missed a step coming downstairs and landed on my ass, dropped my water glass that shattered and jammed two fingers and I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.

ravenrussell wrote:When I went to buy groceries today with a friend, and he randomly paid for $70 of it. Nothing better than free food.

That's awesome!!! It's invaluable to have good friends around in your circle.

Yesterday I went to a Friday Happy Hour (My favorite thing in the world right after work to start the weekend) with a bunch of teachers at a couple bars and played a ton of shuffleboard. We started at 3p and ended at 1030p. Good times.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu May 12, 2016 5:10 am

Today I had an 8 hr meeting at work, then had to stay for an event, for a total 13 hr workday. So I bought the teachers on my team Starbucks before this evening event. I took down all their orders and paid for them my treat. What made me smile, was that maybe how I was ordering indicated I had no clue what I was doing and the worker slid his discount card giving me 20% off my entire order which was originally 23.23 or something close to it.
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu May 12, 2016 2:15 pm

Rivoc wrote:Today I had an 8 hr meeting at work, then had to stay for an event, for a total 13 hr workday. So I bought the teachers on my team Starbucks before this evening event. I took down all their orders and paid for them my treat. What made me smile, was that maybe how I was ordering indicated I had no clue what I was doing and the worker slid his discount card giving me 20% off my entire order which was originally 23.23 or something close to it.

I love this. Technically that post made me smile. It also sparked a warm and fuzzy memory. There is a Starbucks drive-thru right near me. During Christmas time almost every time I drove through people ahead would Pay-it-Forward. Basically the car in front bought the drinks for the car behind them. Generally I would then pay for the car behind me. Twice I got up there and someone had paid a large sum to cover the next several cars in line. Those times I just went through. It happens every year at this particular Starbucks and I love it! (Someone once paid for my drink on my birthday, total stranger, because I mentioned it to the person taking my order when they asked how my day was.) That Sbux has some seriously good karma. It probably says a lot about my kick-ass neighborhood too.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Thu May 12, 2016 4:45 pm

This makes me so happy :lol: GO LEOPARDS!!

ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 14, 2016 3:26 am

anynoise wrote:
Rivoc wrote:Today I had an 8 hr meeting at work, then had to stay for an event, for a total 13 hr workday. So I bought the teachers on my team Starbucks before this evening event. I took down all their orders and paid for them my treat. What made me smile, was that maybe how I was ordering indicated I had no clue what I was doing and the worker slid his discount card giving me 20% off my entire order which was originally 23.23 or something close to it.

I love this. Technically that post made me smile. It also sparked a warm and fuzzy memory. There is a Starbucks drive-thru right near me. During Christmas time almost every time I drove through people ahead would Pay-it-Forward. Basically the car in front bought the drinks for the car behind them. Generally I would then pay for the car behind me. Twice I got up there and someone had paid a large sum to cover the next several cars in line. Those times I just went through. It happens every year at this particular Starbucks and I love it! (Someone once paid for my drink on my birthday, total stranger, because I mentioned it to the person taking my order when they asked how my day was.) That Sbux has some seriously good karma. It probably says a lot about my kick-ass neighborhood too.

Thats awesome!!!! Ive heard a lot of stories like this from friends. Its pretty fantastic! Im not saying I want to be treated even. Im struggling a bit, but nowhere near as much as others. I hope you get it a few times this year and then some! You deserve it!!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 23, 2016 4:54 am

This whole weekend I ate healthy, and I feel damn good about it. got a chicken pesto omelette yesterday for breakfast, grilled chicken marsala with broccoli and brown rice for dinner. Today - Chicken spinach mushroom omelette w hash browns and fruit for lunch, and blueberries and yogurt for dinner.

When out for lunch, my buddy got a bigass burger and fries. they looked good so i swiped one, and MAN did it taste like greasy garbage!!! I hope my tastes are changing. I really do!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu May 26, 2016 3:34 am

Today was the very last full day of the school year, now just a few half days of finals and me grading them, a staff development day about next year, and then get my checklist for checking out all signed and completed. NEXT THURSDAY IS THE LAST DAY BEFORE 10 WEEK VACATION!!!!!!!

As my best friend put it: Since this is my first summer break as a teacher, when that last day ends I'm probably going to feel like Goku when he lands on Namek for the first time! ROFL im so anxious!!!!!! I cant wait!!!!!!!
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Thu May 26, 2016 9:02 pm

This woman in a fb crochet group who always posts her work, worn/modelled by her husband. First one was some time ago, a top, in a faceless shot that had a 'nippleslip'. She mentioned that it was a male nipple since her husband was wearing it so she could take a photo. Since then, he shows all her work, with flair! It really makes me smile every time
Today's photo
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu May 26, 2016 9:48 pm

i've had a migraine for close to 12 hours so far, so i haven't been smiling much at all today.

that is, until i saw this: http://ninjaevolution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1057

<3 :) x100000000
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Thu May 26, 2016 10:07 pm

Awww <3 Glad to have made you smile
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Fri May 27, 2016 4:25 am

I watched as my nephew was beat-up by a kindergarten (he was playing with her) on the trampoline. He then declared that he would never like a younger sister (not that he would ever get one).

Today was a good day.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri May 27, 2016 4:37 am

NaranjaRa wrote:i've had a migraine for close to 12 hours so far, so i haven't been smiling much at all today.

that is, until i saw this: http://ninjaevolution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=1057

<3 :) x100000000

You are incredibly special, and fucking deserving :)

Hehe! Enjoy the orangeness!!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri May 27, 2016 4:38 am

Gwenno wrote:This woman in a fb crochet group who always posts her work, worn/modelled by her husband. First one was some time ago, a top, in a faceless shot that had a 'nippleslip'. She mentioned that it was a male nipple since her husband was wearing it so she could take a photo. Since then, he shows all her work, with flair! It really makes me smile every time
Today's photo
[spoiler]http://i68.tinypic.com/nmzwnd.jpg[/spoiler]

That's really awesome! I can't imagine how many hours of experience she must have!!!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:01 am

LAST DAY OF WORK TOMORROW...... NO STUDENTS!!!!! Clean up the room, get all grades in, collect sognatures on the to do checklist (already half completed) wait for room inspection to hand in keys! I CANT WAIT!!!!! Then going to San Diego the next day for the weekend with a group of 7 friends and a dog!
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:51 pm

My 79 yo grandma came to visit today. Watching her with my kids always makes me smile
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon Jun 06, 2016 5:53 am

Philly wrote:My 79 yo grandma came to visit today. Watching her with my kids always makes me smile

thats incredible!!! My last memories with my grandma were her playing wiht my 1 year old niece, and i know that wouldnt have happened if i didnt drive her and my mom to VA Beach from pa. they were both really happy.

Its really nice to be able to honor your grandparents when you're older. as a kid, i just didnt get it that much. its great to see them happy and smile.
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Rivoc wrote:
thats incredible!!! My last memories with my grandma were her playing wiht my 1 year old niece, and i know that wouldnt have happened if i didnt drive her and my mom to VA Beach from pa. they were both really happy.

Its really nice to be able to honor your grandparents when you're older. as a kid, i just didnt get it that much. its great to see them happy and smile.

You gave me the warm fuzzies
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:10 am

Philly wrote:
Rivoc wrote:

You gave me the warm fuzzies

Usually I just give people crabs :P
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:28 am

I feel so privileged
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:01 pm

Garlic marinated grill smoked portobell0 makes my mouth happy

Image Image
est 1953

ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:21 am

He made me smile today. And he has been making me smile everyday for the past almost month. We are taking it slow and shall see where it goes.
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:59 am

ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:10 pm

Corgimom wrote:Garlic marinated grill smoked portobell0 makes my mouth happy

those are huge! :O
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Return to “Random”