The last movie I watched was ......

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 10:14 am

something on netflix about reporters making up a story in ecuador. can't find it right now. didn't hate it, didn't love it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 08, 2016 10:36 am

Captain America: Civil War. Loved it!

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 09, 2016 4:58 am

Brewtality wrote:Captain America: Civil War. Loved it!

Ditto!
Jax
ninja with training wheels

Postby Jax » Sun May 15, 2016 1:24 pm

Phara wrote:something on netflix about reporters making up a story in ecuador. can't find it right now. didn't hate it, didn't love it.

Tried to watch that, made it about 15 minutes before turning it off. I like both Bana and Gervais, but it was so flat, maybe it picks up later, but it was too boring for tonight.
Jax

Postby Jax » Sun May 15, 2016 1:27 pm

We watched The Big Short. Absolutely loved it. It did a great job making something complicated more understandable and entertaining... and also horrifying in its way. America is so fucked.
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Sun May 15, 2016 6:02 pm

Just finished watching Conspirator. I heard it came out before the movie Lincoln, so I gave it a try. Pretty good. Turns my stomach a bit to see legal injustice. Not a big fan of the fact it is so common that people of authority take the advantage of their power to do what they want instead of what is right.

Jax wrote:We watched The Big Short. Absolutely loved it. It did a great job making something complicated more understandable and entertaining... and also horrifying in its way. America is so fucked.

The Big Short was really good. It came out at close to the time Spotlight did. Seems like a lot of Ninjas seek out films about injustice. Which makes perfect sense considering NV and ICE situation that occured. Although I doubt it was intentional. One of those coincidences that makes perfect sense.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sun May 15, 2016 6:05 pm

Chef... Now I need a fucking food truck
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue May 17, 2016 4:32 pm

Zombie wrote:Chef... Now I need a fucking food truck

:lol: was a pretty cool flick huh... i entertained this notion for a split second myself hahaa
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue May 17, 2016 4:44 pm

ink wrote:
Zombie wrote:Chef... Now I need a fucking food truck

:lol: was a pretty cool flick huh... i entertained this notion for a split second myself hahaa

I think it's crossed all our minds at some point haha! ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue May 17, 2016 4:50 pm

Feydakin wrote:In the theater; 10 Cloverfield Lane

It was a good, slow burn psychological thriller with a very weird ending... John Goodman was fantastic, and the actual technical merits of the film making were great.

Other than that I haven't watched much lately... still trying to catch up on my TV. ;)

finally got a chance to check this out.. not sure how id describe this one.. odd comes to mind but i really did enjoy this one. i almost feel like there is great possibilities to extend the story line into further movies..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue May 17, 2016 6:38 pm

ink wrote:
Feydakin wrote:In the theater; 10 Cloverfield Lane

It was a good, slow burn psychological thriller with a very weird ending... John Goodman was fantastic, and the actual technical merits of the film making were great.

Other than that I haven't watched much lately... still trying to catch up on my TV. ;)

finally got a chance to check this out.. not sure how id describe this one.. odd comes to mind but i really did enjoy this one. i almost feel like there is great possibilities to extend the story line into further movies..

I'm disappointed I missed this in theaters. I'm glad you guys gave it the ninja seal of approval. I like weird, or different in movies.

I just watched Turbo Kid and IT WAS SO AWESOME!!!!! Apple- so crazy hot!!!
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Tue May 17, 2016 7:04 pm

I recently watched Pet semetary from 1989. Still holds up and is a great movie.
ImageImage
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Tue May 17, 2016 8:36 pm

Just finished rewatching Deadpool. 2nd time, still in love with the movie. :)
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Tue May 17, 2016 8:52 pm

Watched Cloverfield.. then spent the next 30 minutes debating if we would have done what they did.

General consensus.. Every man for themselves, if the military says leave, I would leave.
Jax

Postby Jax » Wed May 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Underground: The Julian Assange Story

This randomly came on TV and we got caught up in it. He had a pretty interesting youth. His pale blonde hair is creepier now after learning about his time with "The Family". O_o
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu May 26, 2016 9:10 am

X-Men Apocalypse

oh wait...um...i mean...i saw it in the future :lol: (bandit)

it wasn't bad! i think it was worth it for the fight at the end. can't remember the last time a superhero film had such a powerful villain, and the end battle was just completely awesome! like, how a superhero fight SHOULD go, especially in regards to multiple characters. it was pretty badass. :)

still think having 2 different Quicksilver characters/actors is weird. shame Fox & MCU couldn't come to a better arrangement about that, so audiences don't have to deal with the strangeness. plus, i love Evan Peters...he should always be Quicksilver!
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu May 26, 2016 10:43 am

Deadpool. Absolutely brilliant! MAKE A SEQUEL!

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu May 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Brewtality wrote:Deadpool. Absolutely brilliant! MAKE A SEQUEL!

They are! With Cable! :D
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu May 26, 2016 2:38 pm

ImageImage
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Sat May 28, 2016 5:29 pm

Keanu. What a great movie... I think, I enjoyed it as I love Key and Peele. Great times cute kitties and good old fashioned giggles.
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat May 28, 2016 9:35 pm

moonshine wrote:Keanu. What a great movie... I think, I enjoyed it as I love Key and Peele. Great times cute kitties and good old fashioned giggles.

orly.. looks super ridiculous :lol: i cant wait

Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Sun May 29, 2016 1:41 am

Apparently I have been neglecting this thread so here are the last NINE movies I have watched in no particular order.

Hardcore Henry - Total orgy of violence. An interesting style though, first person POV the entire movie. Gamers should love it. Some good laughs and great stunts.

Keanu - Fun Flick! Key and Peele are hilarious as always.

The Brothers Grimsby - Not SBC's finest work but some good laughs and a fair bit of gross out humour.

10 Cloverfield Lane - Honestly I don't know what to say about this. I guess I liked it but grudgingly I think. It seemed to be suffering from trying to be too much. Psychological thriller, science fiction, apocalyptic survival story and IMO not delivering on any of those fronts.

Race - Not bad. Kinda had that "Made for TV" feel.

Zootopia - Was ok. Kids will dig it but not a movie that the adults will enjoy as well I don't think.

Catfish - An older documentary that I hadn't watched yet. Was alright I suppose but didn't live up to the hype I don't think.

Captain America: Civil War - Fucking awesome! But then I'm a marvel fan. Also SPIDER-FUCKING-MAN!!!11!!11

Eddie the Eagle - I enjoyed this far more than I expected to. A pleasant surprise. Certainly formulaic and even more so since I know the story pretty well but Taron Egerton in the title role was hilariously quirky and really made it worth the watch. I may even re-watch which is rare for me.
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun May 29, 2016 3:20 am

Pawly wrote:
Captain America: Civil War - Fucking awesome! But then I'm a marvel fan. Also SPIDER-FUCKING-MAN!!!11!!11

ive been waiting...since your fella was in there & all :lol:
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Sun May 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Hardcore Henry. What a great movie!
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon May 30, 2016 7:19 am

The young messiah.. <3 quite powerful

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”