President Picks Judge Neil Gorsuch for SCOTUS

Stay informed with these less controversial but just as important news articles. If topics prove contentious they will be moved the debate area.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:48 am

On a scale of idealism, Gorsuch falls a bit above and between Scalia and Clarence Thomas... He had unanimous, bipartisan support when he was named to the appellate court. He's a strict Constitutionalist and follows the letter of the law.

/reading
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: President Picks Judge Neil Gorsuch for SCOTUS

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:33 am

following the Constitution and the law shouldn't really be a selling point for a SCOTUS judge, or any judge for that matter, since i kinda figured that's what they're there to do...since it's you know...their job & whatnot...
:giggle: :-P :giggle:
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:00 am

NaranjaRa wrote:following the Constitution and the law shouldn't really be a selling point for a SCOTUS judge, or any judge for that matter, since i kinda figured that's what they're there to do...since it's you know...their job & whatnot...
:giggle: :-P :giggle:

Very true, but in reality it rarely works out that way. Gorsuch has a good track record though, and he's humble.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:57 pm

I am not a fan of the guy, some of his rulings were just bonkers.

He is there and he will be there for a long time. Hopefully, he does not do anything stupid.

Return to “In The News”