my creations

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:45 am

this is what im currently working on, for one of my close friends...its getting there, but its acrylic, so it dries real fast, which is annoying sometimes
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:55 am

I wasn't gonna post tonight...I'm wiped out...to many hours on the road today...storms...the whole 9 yards...anyway, couldn't resist lurrrrrrkinnnnn and I run upon Ink's thread....

So, Ink check it...I knew of you before I knew you...I saw your art years ago!!! Phara had Biggie and Pac posted up in her locker and I'm like, Dude this is for real!!! And she told me a little bit about you...

Basically this is what I LOVE about art...once you manifest it out of your body, mind, heart and put it in the world for them to see, you never actually know who or how many lives you will touch and influence...

Thank you for sharing!!
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:22 am

Thats so cool and so true! Speaking of Pac, i have another one i did. Ill post him tomorrow cuz im kinda zzzzzz-zface

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:03 pm

Pac from Juice! ;)

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:39 pm

ink wrote:and then...

THIS.

I love the way I react so emotionally to your work. Brainz.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:40 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:ah man so much love....
i've watched your skills just grow and evolve over the years and it makes me smile so big
oh and Frank is with me in my new home now!!! when he gets hung back up again i will send a pic. but for now, everyone should see this amazing gift:

Holy Jesus. There is so much pain and sadness in that face. It's beautiful.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:42 pm

ink wrote:and theeen..

Did not see this going there. Fuckin amazing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:46 pm

ink wrote:...the shift into a new collective concsciousness word!

this ones rather special to me for obviious reasons. see the ninja in the middle?,, yep. back in 2011, the young homie Travis and I collaborated of some sort, we actually swapped paintings across international lines so we'd both have a hand in making something. i think it turned out kinda cool. two different styles on one canvas. i dont think he ever seen the finished result, because of life, and im slow and indecisive and had to change to a medium, blah blah... so shout out to MagicNinja! if you out there lurkin somewhere. His is the native american on the left. anyway yea, throwback from 5 yrs ago. word.

[12:44:34 PM] Phara: your collabo with magic
[12:44:36 PM] Phara: I'm about to throw up
[12:44:41 PM] Phara: like, in a good way?
[12:44:43 PM] Phara: jesus fuck
[12:44:49 PM] Phara: I cant believe what we've made
[12:44:52 PM] Phara: //dead

I feel like I say the same shit over and over so much. But this right here VALIDATES MY FUCKING EXISTENCE.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:19 pm

This is some great work, and I'd hang a few on my own wall if I hung pictures on my walls.

You have some major talent :)
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:59 pm

Ty

I think i should try and track down Travis..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:09 pm

this is where im at so far, im not really sure where its headed tbh..

what do you guys see or how does it make you feel at this point?

*besides brains lolol

BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:18 pm

I saw a face, had to do this ;_;

Sorry Ink c:

Looking up in the thread, i see that i missed the face on it before :D Magic
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:07 am

ink wrote:Image
this one is ready for the shop.. ;)

omg, the 3d. that's amazing
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:09 am

Nepherteri wrote:
I wasn't gonna post tonight...I'm wiped out...to many hours on the road today...storms...the whole 9 yards...anyway, couldn't resist lurrrrrrkinnnnn and I run upon Ink's thread....

So, Ink check it...I knew of you before I knew you...I saw your art years ago!!! Phara had Biggie and Pac posted up in her locker and I'm like, Dude this is for real!!! And she told me a little bit about you...

Basically this is what I LOVE about art...once you manifest it out of your body, mind, heart and put it in the world for them to see, you never actually know who or how many lives you will touch and influence...

Thank you for sharing!!

(sun) the way the world comes together is incredible like that. Would you have thought in a million years that you'd be talking to that artist right now on a resurrected ninja board?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:11 am

ink wrote:

*besides brains lolol

i think this piece is incredible. down where you started painting the purple head, where the "brainz" start, I see writhing figures.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:36 am

Phara wrote:
Nepherteri wrote:

Thank you for sharing!!

(sun) the way the world comes together is incredible like that. Would you have thought in a million years that you'd be talking to that artist right now on a resurrected ninja board?

Its an honor. :)

and its all good mush, the feedback helps me

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:46 am

Phara wrote:
ink wrote:
http://i63.tinypic.com/2njbpte.jpg

*besides brains lolol

i think this piece is incredible. down where you started painting the purple head, where the "brainz" start, I see writhing figures.

Yes! I love this

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:15 am

(zzz)

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:35 am

yes. i love watching this piece evolve.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:47 pm

whew a lot of new work to touch on here! ok so here goes:

this is looking great hon! you're getting SO good at doing paintings from photos people give you, and having the results not *look* like they're from a photo. you feel me? you've learned how to transcend the flat, 2D nature that translating a photo can sometimes result in. can't wait to see the final piece. :)

ink wrote:Pac from Juice! ;)
http://i67.tinypic.com/314cdxe.jpg

WOW. this might be one of your best portraits flat out. i am completely impressed. O_O

ink wrote:http://i64.tinypic.com/k2a08.jpg

this is the first time i've ever seen a realistic landscape from you! ah hun, it's so lovely. just stunning. i want to be there. was this from your imagination or life? i'm just curious. either way, you nailed it. love to see you stretch yourself into different subject areas, because clearly you've got the chops to do anything you set your brush to.

ink wrote:http://i63.tinypic.com/2njbpte.jpg

ok so i'm watching this one change, and i just am curious why you toned the face down?

it makes me think about creativity in general, the heavy weight that ideas can carry on the mind. it's both electrifying and burdensome...a total duality, expressed to me also with the heavy contrast that's giving it a chiaroscuro-like quality.
it's a great piece so far....look forward to more! <3
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:27 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:whew a lot of new work to touch on here! ok so here goes:

this is looking great hon! you're getting SO good at doing paintings from photos people give you, and having the results not *look* like they're from a photo. you feel me? you've learned how to transcend the flat, 2D nature that translating a photo can sometimes result in. can't wait to see the final piece. :)

ink wrote:Pac from Juice! ;)
http://i67.tinypic.com/314cdxe.jpg

WOW. this might be one of your best portraits flat out. i am completely impressed. O_O

ink wrote:http://i64.tinypic.com/k2a08.jpg

this is the first time i've ever seen a realistic landscape from you! ah hun, it's so lovely. just stunning. i want to be there. was this from your imagination or life? i'm just curious. either way, you nailed it. love to see you stretch yourself into different subject areas, because clearly you've got the chops to do anything you set your brush to.

ink wrote:http://i63.tinypic.com/2njbpte.jpg

ok so i'm watching this one change, and i just am curious why you toned the face down?

it makes me think about creativity in general, the heavy weight that ideas can carry on the mind. it's both electrifying and burdensome...a total duality, expressed to me also with the heavy contrast that's giving it a chiaroscuro-like quality.
it's a great piece so far....look forward to more! <3

Aaaw shoot Q and A time!

Ok so i was actually watching the late great master, the imfamous Bob Ross, just practicing his alla prima technique (wet on wet), which is a genius with, btw and i just kind of popped this one out. I did it in 2.5 hrs true story. But no reference, all in my head. :)

The face tho, idk... at first i could see it, then as i started to work it out, it just seemed unnatural or it interrupted the flow. So i kind of got stck...
The brains seem to be the focal point, so i just started fleshing out the forms more, developing figures. So, i thnk that once i am content to change directions, all types of doors seem to open up

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:40 am

this one is in the shop already.

22"x28" oil on canvas
titled "comntemplation".. :/

the sepia tonal ranges are what really made me want to paint this.. the colors make me feel. so i wanted to bring this out, throughout the whole composition. my aim was to stop the viewer for a moment, and allow them to relate to the mood.

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:27 am

Ok so i was actually watching the late great master, the imfamous Bob Ross, just practicing his alla prima technique (wet on wet), which is a genius with, btw and i just kind of popped this one out. I did it in 2.5 hrs true story. But no reference, all in my head. :)

That's absolute insanity to me. I could never fathom doing something like that in 2.5 ours.

The face tho, idk... at first i could see it, then as i started to work it out, it just seemed unnatural or it interrupted the flow. So i kind of got stck...
The brains seem to be the focal point, so i just started fleshing out the forms more, developing figures. So, i thnk that once i am content to change directions, all types of doors seem to open up

that's awesome. i really loved the face when it popped up too and was curious about its toning down. That's why i'm so happy we're seeing this in progress because while I know i'm going to love it soooo much when done, there's part of me that's keeping that evolution shot with the face because it was so beautiful to me too.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:28 am

ink wrote:
this one is in the shop already.

22"x28" oil on canvas
titled "comntemplation".. :/

the sepia tonal ranges are what really made me want to paint this.. the colors make me feel. so i wanted to bring this out, throughout the whole composition. my aim was to stop the viewer for a moment, and allow them to relate to the mood.

omg. son...

i'm not a marilyn fan. at all really. just you know... generic feminist womanhood.

She looks human... sad... not a pin up. I just fell in love with this piece.

She's like the ying to my Erykah's yang

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:33 am

the sepia though... dude, talk to me about price later. I'm not playing. I want it. <3 I'll payment plan the bitch.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “Art and Editing”