Aphorisms & Musings

Writers Rule... especially Ninja Writers.
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Aphorisms & Musings

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:01 am

When there's nothing left to hold on to be considerate, and give people a smooth, clean break.

*im not sure how these threads work, so I hope it's okay if I keep adding to this post in reply format...If I make a mistake please message me and help me correct it. *
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Re: Aphorisms & Musings

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:03 am

I don't have friends really so the blank screen or a blank page is all I can find mostly. To be honest, I don't know if anyone outthere is listening to what I'm writing. Please don't make me go away through disappointment towards facebook. I've always liked it here since I was in my twenties and I don't want to go back to the people on Facebook. This is the closest place to Facebook.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:30 pm

betweenraindrops wrote:I don't have friends really so the blank screen or a blank page is all I can find mostly. To be honest, I don't know if anyone outthere is listening to what I'm writing....

maybe..

/bandit
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:48 pm

ink wrote:
betweenraindrops wrote:I don't have friends really so the blank screen or a blank page is all I can find mostly. To be honest, I don't know if anyone outthere is listening to what I'm writing....

maybe..

/bandit

That's strange. I was already logged in and now my entire message is gone. Que sera sera
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Tue May 02, 2017 2:09 am

Success is the constant reiteration of dependence

ehllo there! /ninjablack
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat May 06, 2017 11:35 pm

i like this thread /nod
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:11 am

ghostdogg wrote:Success is the constant reiteration of dependence

ehllo there! /ninjablack

Replace success with the word "cloning". :)

I don't think success ought to be defined that way because we're all dependent upon something or another and yet achievements are limited.

The increasing number in the proletariat class and the heavy pockets of psychiatrists just proves that.

Who defines success anyway these days? The media and money, so in some ways there is an aptness to your statement. I think mankind has reached a point wherein we're just reinventing the wheel sadly like a hamster going at it without purpose just because the wheel is there.
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:24 am

NaranjaRa wrote:i like this thread /nod

<3
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:07 pm

When your goals take not only a backseat, but are nothing but smoke from your muffler.
Peace to all.
-Raven
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 am

betweenraindrops wrote:

ehllo there! /ninjablack

I don't think success ought to be defined that way because we're all dependent upon something or another and yet achievements are limited.

The increasing number in the proletariat class and the heavy pockets of psychiatrists just proves that.

Who defines success anyway these days? The media and money, so in some ways there is an aptness to your statement. I think mankind has reached a point wherein we're just reinventing the wheel sadly like a hamster going at it without purpose just because the wheel is there.

Ooh, can't believe I didn't reply to this one yet...

I realize, now, that the word "dependence" is a bit too vague. What i was trying to say is... The constant iteration of you depending on yourself.

Take money as an example - as superficial as that is - it's not good enough for you to just make a lot of money this weekend. You need to keep making money for an extended period of time before you can be "successful". But for how long?

Next example, how about achieving a certain point in your career? Most people would probably think, once I get this position or promotion, then I am successful... But in reality, in order for you to achieve the position/promotion, you will most likely need to put in amazing work - again, not just for a week. So for how long? Until your performance review? Maybe but if you don't get it the first year, then what? Do you give up or do you keep going, day after day until you've attained the right to demand it?

For me... Both of these examples might be a bit superficial but I'm sure the principle of having to constantly be dependable in whatever sense meets your subjective version of success is exactly the key to it.

I used the word "dependence" because it is not good enough if you just try. You have to win. And remain winning until others (inc yourself) can depend on the fact that you will win. That... Is success.
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:54 am

ghostdogg wrote:
betweenraindrops wrote:

ehllo there! /ninjablack

I realize, now, that the word "dependence" is a bit too vague. What i was trying to say is... The constant iteration of you depending on yourself.

Take money as an example - as superficial as that is - it's not good enough for you to just make a lot of money this weekend. You need to keep making money for an extended period of time before you can be "successful". But for how long?

Next example, how about achieving a certain point in your career? Most people would probably think, once I get this position or promotion, then I am successful... But in reality, in order for you to achieve the position/promotion, you will most likely need to put in amazing work - again, not just for a week. So for how long? Until your performance review? Maybe but if you don't get it the first year, then what? Do you give up or do you keep going, day after day until you've attained the right to demand it?

For me... Both of these examples might be a bit superficial but I'm sure the principle of having to constantly be dependable in whatever sense meets your subjective version of success is exactly the key to it.

I used the word "dependence" because it is not good enough if you just try. You have to win. And remain winning until others (inc yourself) can depend on the fact that you will win. That... Is success.

They don't sound superficial at all but frank to me actually because that is exactly how the world operates. What is money...people see how much you have and put a value on your worth as a human being-now that's sad isn't it? Sure it can give you lots of luxurious things in life yet it cannot possibly bring forth love and togetherness and (excluding necessary medication) good health which is the worldy goal of happiness.

Besides, I'm of the opinion that the accumulation of wealth is not a good thing to practice. Excess is unholy for if we truly want the world to become better, we need to share the stuff we have...we need to reexamine our needs from our desires and once that is done, we shall find it's the little things in life that make a huge difference in our hearts.

I like the positivity you encoded in the last paragraph! A person depending on their own self can truly realise their potential that is, ofc, provided that they stop comparing themselves with others.
betweenraindrops
the unproven

Postby betweenraindrops » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:06 am

ravenrussell wrote:When your goals take not only a backseat, but are nothing but smoke from your muffler.

Now that's something worthy to ponder upon and funny too! I often percolate around how much we waste our moments when we ought to be acting out our goals in real. My goal is simple: I just want to put a smile on people's faces because it's the only way I'll understand one of the reasons I've been born. A bunch of naïveté it may sound, but it leaves a nice feeling within..
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:12 pm

betweenraindrops wrote:
ghostdogg wrote:
betweenraindrops wrote:

They don't sound superficial at all but frank to me actually because that is exactly how the world operates. What is money...people see how much you have and put a value on your worth as a human being-now that's sad isn't it? Sure it can give you lots of luxurious things in life yet it cannot possibly bring forth love and togetherness and (excluding necessary medication) good health which is the worldy goal of happiness.

Besides, I'm of the opinion that the accumulation of wealth is not a good thing to practice. Excess is unholy for if we truly want the world to become better, we need to share the stuff we have...we need to reexamine our needs from our desires and once that is done, we shall find it's the little things in life that make a huge difference in our hearts.

I like the positivity you encoded in the last paragraph! A person depending on their own self can truly realise their potential that is, ofc, provided that they stop comparing themselves with others.

True. We shouldn't compare ourselves to each other but that is the way this world works...

You asked, "what is money?" The best way I can summarize is: money is the fuel for choice. And that's not nothing. That is something. That means something. Ofc it's not everything... But it's definitely something worth considering.

I've tried going the zen route - shredding materialistic things in order to free myself from attachment. I ended up putting myself in a hole... I felt resentment because I was limiting my choices in life. I think the principle is great but now that I know how meaningless materialistic things are... I can strive for financial success without interfering with my spiritual growth. And I realize (and wish someone told me earlier) that money isn't just material... It's the power of choice.

I think that's why we have rich people who are genuinely wealthy in terms of spirituality and inner growth; while we also have people who get money and stray from this path. The choice is yours: learn and grow with power or go off the rails and wind up in an even more fucked up place.
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:13 pm

betweenraindrops wrote:
ravenrussell wrote:When your goals take not only a backseat, but are nothing but smoke from your muffler.

Now that's something worthy to ponder upon and funny too! I often percolate around how much we waste our moments when we ought to be acting out our goals in real. My goal is simple: I just want to put a smile on people's faces because it's the only way I'll understand one of the reasons I've been born. A bunch of naïveté it may sound, but it leaves a nice feeling within..

Does have a way with words!

Return to “Literature”