my creations

Artist? Photographer? Editor? Find a home here. Post your work, offer advice, give your opinion, and just discuss in general.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:46 pm

Hana, you shower me with so much love... im honored, elevated, maaaan.. just (sun)
talk to me later and ill see what i can do

*note - if you guys keep popping in here, i will definitely keep feeding you!
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:23 pm

ink wrote:Pac from Juice! ;)

http://i67.tinypic.com/314cdxe.jpg

Live love love!!!!!
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:31 pm

Phara wrote:
Nepherteri wrote:
I wasn't gonna post tonight...I'm wiped out...to many hours on the road today...storms...the whole 9 yards...anyway, couldn't resist lurrrrrrkinnnnn and I run upon Ink's thread....

So, Ink check it...I knew of you before I knew you...I saw your art years ago!!! Phara had Biggie and Pac posted up in her locker and I'm like, Dude this is for real!!! And she told me a little bit about you...

Basically this is what I LOVE about art...once you manifest it out of your body, mind, heart and put it in the world for them to see, you never actually know who or how many lives you will touch and influence...

Thank you for sharing!!

(sun) the way the world comes together is incredible like that. Would you have thought in a million years that you'd be talking to that artist right now on a resurrected ninja board?

OMG never Ina million years!!!! Hana for reals....He's one of my Art Hero's!!!

Thank you for putting me back where I can be inspired by these other amazing human beings and their creativity to get back into MY work...I think its why I've been unhappy lately, I haven't been feeding the part of me that I love...

Ninja is fucking awesome....
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:41 pm

ink wrote:
Ok so i was actually watching the late great master, the imfamous Bob Ross, just practicing his alla prima technique (wet on wet), which is a genius with, btw and i just kind of popped this one out. I did it in 2.5 hrs true story. But no reference, all in my head. :)

OMG ....I was gonna post... Ink! I see your Happy Little Trees!...but I didn't because I didn't want you to think I was belittling you or being sarcastic...(which I CAN be but not in this instance)....So, I saw the influence and totally got it!!!!

Love it!!!! As a kid I'd sit and watch him for HOURS!!! Drive my brothers crazy!!! They hated him....bwahahaha...and being the artzy weird sister it fueled me to watch more...

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Phara wrote:
the sepia tonal ranges are what really made me want to paint this.. the colors make me feel. so i wanted to bring this out, throughout the whole composition. my aim was to stop the viewer for a moment, and allow them to relate to the mood.
omg. son...

i'm not a marilyn fan. at all really. just you know... generic feminist womanhood.

She looks human... sad... not a pin up. I just fell in love with this piece.

She's like the ying to my Erykah's yang

I'll tell you why you love it, Hana...because that is the same expression you make...I saw it a million times and if it wasn't framed in "Marilyn's face", it would be you!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:00 pm

yes,yes.. the happy trees.. so did you see the momma tree and the daddy tree and even the little baby trees? :D

i got another landscape that is jsut about finished. ill see if i can throw it up here later

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:21 pm

omg two more i haven't seen!

Phara nailed it on Marylinn. so human, the starlet in her own light, out of the spotlight... it really resonates with me.
i always liked that she was considered a pin-up because she wasn't a stick-figure. she was a curvy woman, and today would likely be considered "plus-size", or close to it, because she wasn't near-transparent like current beauty icons.

and Erykah!!!! <3 love that woman...again, perfectly captured in the sensuous, feminine power of her art...
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Nepherteri wrote:
Thank you for putting me back where I can be inspired by these other amazing human beings and their creativity to get back into MY work...I think its why I've been unhappy lately, I haven't been feeding the part of me that I love...

Ninja is fucking awesome....

this place did the exact same thing for me 8 years ago.
<3
so amazing to know the tradition is going strong...
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:45 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:omg two more i haven't seen!

Phara nailed it on Marylinn. so human, the starlet in her own light, out of the spotlight... it really resonates with me.
i always liked that she was considered a pin-up because she wasn't a stick-figure. she was a curvy woman, and today would likely be considered "plus-size because she wasn't near-transparent like current beauty icons.

and Erykah!!!! <3 love that woman...again, perfectly captured in the sensuous, feminine power of her art...

Truthfully, i dont really like her anymore... :lol:
A few yrs ago, i was trying up my game with the feminine features, so i studied her and painted her (in airbrush mostly).. and i kind of got sick of her.
Much love tho, i know she is at the pinnacle of american sex symbolism, and her legacy demands that awe, but im starting find the beauty in the less obvious places now.. so merely a step in the well of a long staircase. :/

Nepherteri
grasshopper

Postby Nepherteri » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:47 pm

ink wrote:yes,yes.. the happy trees.. so did you see the momma tree and the daddy tree and even the little baby trees? :D

i got another landscape that is jsut about finished. ill see if i can throw it up here later

Yesssss! The whole Tree FAMILY!!!!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 am

Wow, I like this sooooo much. Your work is excellent.

This is beautiful too. Makes me feel calm just looking at it.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:20 am

thanks brother

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:25 am

[spoiler]
I took two classes back in college, sociology and african american studies/diversified culture. My professor was a middle aged white woman, lived in the streets of Louisianna for many years, was handicapped from the waist down from a 17yr old girl who was drunk driving (like her 5th offense.. :| ) Needless to say, she comes from humble beginnings and she was bold enough to instill truth and open my eyes. she approached me after class towards the end of the semester, to offer me a proposition. she wuold pay me for the work, if i created a painting based on what i got from her classes, so that she might later use for others. at the time this was one small step in a huuge leap of faith, but i accepted.. u see, we had a connection. my eyes lit up when she spoke, and she totally seen that the light bulb came on and she just fed me. the raw, the history, the truth. void of any bias or partiallity. long story short, this is the painting that i chose... Kids sharing ice cream.

here is my letter to her~
Kids Sharing Ice Cream

The subject matter was somewhat difficult to compose together, in the beginning. A summation of both classes, because there had been so much information with so many questions going in and an even greater amount upon the conclusion of the two, I had to think objectively and with abstraction as well. So after a few weeks of letting the idea percolate, as you so cleverly put it, I came up with an idea. I even looked into the word percolate and surprisingly, what I gathered was "..to extract the essence," so I choose the subject matter of kids sharing ice cream.
This just really got to the root of everything and was simple enough to make enough of a splash that the reverbs within the heart of the message will echo continuously throughout time. With that in mind, I looked for an image that contained a bit of that "essence" and how fitting in which I found a reference photo so intricate with intermixing, that it obtained different genders and races all compacted into this one picture of a little girl and a little boy sharing ice cream. The awesome that is already prevalent in the child before the indoctrination of a shared and possibly biased ideology. Engineered with gender specificity in mind, as children are adopted into gender specific roles at very early ages, I wanted to highlight the colors of their shirts as the process of socialization had already begun, but only to the point of apparel, as innocence and impartiality still remained. Notice the expression upon the kids faces, which is always open to interpretation within any art form, but to me, the only concern is getting enough ice cream, or rather getting a taste. This is simply accomplished by sharing.
Powerful and profound I found the image, and immediately I knew I had to transform this concept into a painting infused with my own style and spirit (and quite possibly a few bits of my cat's hair). Which I'm quite sure if you look closely enough, you will find all three! :)
Thank you Deb for this opportunity and for opening my eyes to the world, society and a purpose driven future. You told us truth, exposed our history and in doing so, moved me into a position to make an impact!
~ I deeply respect and admire you, sincerely, Jamie
Mat 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

*note Professor Bishop, has dared to become the one of the few people in my life who not only revealed to me truth, but showed me how to adjust my sails. Here is to new horizons!

[/spoiler]

:D.. too much..? i get it, for real. some people just like pictures so they can feel something, words get in the way.. im guilty myself. haha

/fixed ;)

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:05 pm

ok so this one is real big, my sister and i worked on it together *ahem..mostly me* but we added some geso for texture, on the trees first. also put the stool in there for scale. love the big canvas'

that texture mmmhhhm, some people love that texture.. :lol:

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:54 am

ink wrote:
NaranjaRa wrote:omg two more i haven't seen!

i always liked that she was considered a pin-up because she wasn't a stick-figure. she was a curvy woman, and today would likely be considered "plus-size because she wasn't near-transparent like current beauty icons.

Truthfully, i dont really like her anymore... :lol:
A few yrs ago, i was trying up my game with the feminine features, so i studied her and painted her (in airbrush mostly).. and i kind of got sick of her.
Much love tho, i know she is at the pinnacle of american sex symbolism, and her legacy demands that awe, but im starting find the beauty in the less obvious places now.. so merely a step in the well of a long staircase. :/

i like that this is what you produce "carelessly"... i think it's one of the few pics of her I've ever liked/loved.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:54 am

ink wrote:

[spoiler]
I took two classes back in college, sociology and african american studies/diversified culture. My professor was a middle aged white woman, lived in the streets of Louisianna for many years, was handicapped from the waist down from a 17yr old girl who was drunk driving (like her 5th offense.. :| ) Needless to say, she comes from humble beginnings and she was bold enough to instill truth and open my eyes. she approached me after class towards the end of the semester, to offer me a proposition. she wuold pay me for the work, if i created a painting based on what i got from her classes, so that she might later use for others. at the time this was one small step in a huuge leap of faith, but i accepted.. u see, we had a connection. my eyes lit up when she spoke, and she totally seen that the light bulb came on and she just fed me. the raw, the history, the truth. void of any bias or partiallity. long story short, this is the painting that i chose... Kids sharing ice cream.

here is my letter to her~
Kids Sharing Ice Cream

The subject matter was somewhat difficult to compose together, in the beginning. A summation of both classes, because there had been so much information with so many questions going in and an even greater amount upon the conclusion of the two, I had to think objectively and with abstraction as well. So after a few weeks of letting the idea percolate, as you so cleverly put it, I came up with an idea. I even looked into the word percolate and surprisingly, what I gathered was "..to extract the essence," so I choose the subject matter of kids sharing ice cream.
This just really got to the root of everything and was simple enough to make enough of a splash that the reverbs within the heart of the message will echo continuously throughout time. With that in mind, I looked for an image that contained a bit of that "essence" and how fitting in which I found a reference photo so intricate with intermixing, that it obtained different genders and races all compacted into this one picture of a little girl and a little boy sharing ice cream. The awesome that is already prevalent in the child before the indoctrination of a shared and possibly biased ideology. Engineered with gender specificity in mind, as children are adopted into gender specific roles at very early ages, I wanted to highlight the colors of their shirts as the process of socialization had already begun, but only to the point of apparel, as innocence and impartiality still remained. Notice the expression upon the kids faces, which is always open to interpretation within any art form, but to me, the only concern is getting enough ice cream, or rather getting a taste. This is simply accomplished by sharing.
Powerful and profound I found the image, and immediately I knew I had to transform this concept into a painting infused with my own style and spirit (and quite possibly a few bits of my cat's hair). Which I'm quite sure if you look closely enough, you will find all three! :)
Thank you Deb for this opportunity and for opening my eyes to the world, society and a purpose driven future. You told us truth, exposed our history and in doing so, moved me into a position to make an impact!
~ I deeply respect and admire you, sincerely, Jamie
Mat 19:14
Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

*note Professor Bishop, has dared to become the one of the few people in my life who not only revealed to me truth, but showed me how to adjust my sails. Here is to new horizons!

[/spoiler]

:D.. too much..? i get it, for real. some people just like pictures so they can feel something, words get in the way.. im guilty myself. haha

/fixed ;)

this was a fantastic read. I see it so perfectly. And more. How amazing.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:55 am

with the ice cream mustache

<3 i see you
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:18 am

DONE.... THERE ARE NO WORDS

[1:08:39 AM] Jamie (Ink): Phara - Today 12:52 AM
> ink - Marilyn - talk to me
275, somebody else want it too...
[1:09:00 AM] Jamie (Ink): //worries
[1:09:25 AM] Phara: dammit i just completely lost a train of thought
[1:09:29 AM] Phara: done, i'll pay more don't care
[1:09:43 AM] Phara: 300 //outbid
[1:09:44 AM] Phara: i win
[1:09:44 AM] Jamie (Ink): Oh shoot
[1:09:55 AM] Jamie (Ink): U win
[1:09:57 AM] Phara: (sun)
[1:09:59 AM] Jamie (Ink): Lol
[1:10:00 AM] Phara: thank you so much
[1:10:11 AM] Phara: i was giving myself a budget
[1:10:14 AM] Phara: like lol
[1:10:19 AM] Phara: zero fucks, i will have this in how many moths
[1:10:25 AM] Phara: 2 payments cool?
[1:10:26 AM] Jamie (Ink): Haha i feel u tho
[1:10:31 AM] Jamie (Ink): Yes
[1:10:36 AM] Jamie (Ink): Absolutely
[1:10:39 AM] Phara: awesome, i'll send something this week (sun)
[1:10:52 AM] Jamie (Ink): Maaan.. sunface
[1:11:04 AM] Phara: no words
[1:11:09 AM] Phara: you just made my fucking week
[1:11:12 AM] Phara: DUDE.
[1:11:16 AM] Phara: I JUST BOUGHT ART. LIKE FOR REAL
[1:11:16 AM] Jamie (Ink): Roger that!
[1:11:20 AM] Jamie (Ink): Man
[1:11:24 AM] Phara: i think that's the first time i really did
[1:11:26 AM] Phara: you know?
[1:11:26 AM] Jamie (Ink): Touche
[1:11:30 AM] Phara: like a true piece
[1:11:32 AM] Phara: i'm having a moment
[1:11:37 AM] *** Phara is happy ***
[1:11:40 AM] Phara: <3
[1:11:40 AM] Jamie (Ink): Word
[1:11:50 AM] Jamie (Ink): Aaw so much love
[1:11:53 AM] nanna bot: <3 fuckin win
[1:11:54 AM] Phara: for real
[1:11:59 AM] Phara: her and erikah just seem to belong together
[1:12:07 AM] Phara: in some weird psycho that shouldn't work but it does beautifully thing
[1:12:15 AM] Jamie (Ink): Ill go get that mug tomorrow
[1:12:23 AM] Phara: mug?
[1:12:30 AM] Jamie (Ink): I completely understand
[1:12:38 AM] Phara: (nod) very happy

She's mine (dances)

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:24 am

(flex)

PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:26 am

wow grats Phara! Also Grats Ink!

That is an awesome piece.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:28 am

Wow, this is shaaaaaaaweeeeet~!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:49 am

Congratz to you both :)
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:00 am

lol, i'm eyeing a big/pac combo next. Let a bitch get off unemployment though. lololol <3 ink

//soulmate
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:34 pm

(sun)

i was gonna say kitty but she is too doggone big.. so she is cat. Sheba - and yes she is a Queen.. :lol:
it was actually an unfinished piece but my wife decided that it was good enough and went ahead with the command decision to hang it in the living room. the end.
aah the royals, they seem to encompass me about.. :D

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:19 pm

lolololol that's so great
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “Art and Editing”